Paleo breakfast muffins are the perfect grab and go breakfast solution! This gluten free muffins recipe makes delicious, fluffy, healthy muffins that are great for busy mornings or afternoon snacks.
These muffins are not only grain-free, but they are healthy and delicious! I made a recipe video so you can see how easy these paleo muffins are to make!
If you love muffins as much as we do, check out all of my delicious gluten free muffin recipes!
Click for Table of Contents:
School is underway and our mornings are beyond crazy right now. If your mornings are crazy too...here are some great ideas for an easy breakfast.
If you are looking for more easy paleo breakfast ideas, try this Paleo Pear and Cinnamon Muffin recipe, Baked Eggs in Honeynut Squash, or this Butternut Squash Egg Cup recipe. You can also enjoy any of these handheld muffins so you can enjoy your breakfast on the go.
Making sure my kids get a healthy breakfast is really important to me on days like this. Thank goodness for this easy paleo muffin recipe.
Around 7:00 am, I make the first attempt to wake up my kids. My son is famous for yelling "getting dressed" out of his room to us, then promptly closing his door and returning to bed. He has to leave before 8:00 am, so I poke my head into his room around 7:20 to really get him moving. So far he hasn't been late, but he and his friends definitely cut it close!
If I look at our mornings from an outsider's eyes, I would probably burst out laughing. It is pretty comical when your son runs downstairs with a shirt on backward, five minutes before his carpool is scheduled to arrive.
How do you make muffins paleo?
Paleo is a way of eating that avoids all grains and refined sugars. I used coconut flour to make these carrot muffins grain free! Coconut flour is easy to use, but there are some things you need to consider when baking with coconut flour.
Coconut flour baking tip:
The first thing to know about coconut flour is that it will absorb a LOT more liquid than regular flour. Make sure you increase the percentage of liquid in a recipe by at least 1/3!
Make sure you increase the percentage of liquid in a recipe by at least 1/3! Second, coconut flour has a different texture than plain gluten-free flour. Some people add a little almond flour to help with the texture. This is always optional.
My muffin recipe is wheat-free, gluten free, refined sugar-free, dairy free, and completely Celiac safe."
This recipe is perfect for anyone looking for paleo diet recipes.
I always worry the kids won't have enough time to eat breakfast. These grain-free muffins are perfect for these types of mornings. Each paleo carrot muffin is low sugar, and full of protein and nutrition.
And even better, my kids like them.
Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk to blend.
Whisk your wet ingredients in a bowl.
Add your shredded carrots to the wet ingredients.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix.
Use an ice cream scoop to put the batter into each lined muffin section. Bake at 350F degrees for 22-25 minutes until done.
How do I know when the muffins are done baking?
Use my favorite toothpick test to see if your muffins are done baking. Insert a toothpick into the middle of a muffin. If the toothpick comes back clean, your muffins are done baking. If there is batter or crumbs on the toothpick, it needs to bake a little longer.
Substitutions and variations:
- Blueberries and other fruits
- Chopped nuts are delicious in these muffins
- Try apple and cinnamon to make a nice fall muffin
- Add a scoop of protein powder if you would like this to have a higher protein amount.
More delicious paleo recipes to try:
- These Paleo Delicata Squash Brownies are chocolaty and have a hidden veggie inside.
- If you love granola, this Paleo Granola is easy to make.
- Yummy Paleo Carrot Cake Magic Cookie Bars!
- Banana flour is super fun to use in this Paleo Banana Flour Waffles recipe!
- Arrowroot starch helps make these muffins light and fluffy.
- You can buy Coconut flour in many places. It is a staple in paleo baking.
- Almond flour adds a protein pack to these nutritious muffins.
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please leave me a rating and a comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest to see even more delicious recipes!
Paleo Breakfast Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, add all wet ingredients and shredded carrots. Mix well.
- In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- Pour in wet ingredients and mix very gently.
- Line a cupcake tin with paper liners and fill each one 3/4 with the batter.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until done.
- Remove from the oven and place onto a cooling rack.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)