These pepper jack sausage stuffed peppers are an easy, 3-ingredient appetizer that is perfect for entertaining. Stuffed peppers are popular for game day parties, holiday parties, or for any fun get-together with friends.
This stuffed peppers appetizer is quick and easy to make! If you love appetizers as much as we do, check out my best gluten free appetizer recipes.
(*This post was sponsored by Smart & Final. All opinions and yummy recipe are my own.)
The holiday season is almost over and I am happy to send you off with one more delicious gluten free appetizer recipe before we ring in the new year.
You can also check out all of my popular gluten free appetizer recipes if you need to make a lot of appetizers. If you love meatball appetizers, here are some of the best gluten free meatball appetizer recipes on the internet!
We are skipping office football pools this year and having a party. Smart & Final is my one-stop shop for delicious food for our party.
Smart & Final offers a huge selection of professional‐quality food, drink, party supplies, and clean‐up items at low warehouse prices, catering to food service professionals and anyone else who entertains a crowd.
For our party, I am making a lot of fun appetizers, but these pepper jack cheese and sausage stuffed mini peppers are going to be one of the highlights. There is a fun combination of flavors packed into this bite-sized treat.
More Mini Pepper Recipe Ideas:
- Fill the sweet mini peppers with cream cheese and wrap in bacon.
- Chop the mini peppers up and serve on top of chili
- Use sliced mini sweet peppers in this delicious gluten free ramen soup recipe.
This mini sweet pepper appetizer is so easy to make.
Best sausages for stuffed peppers:
- I used Aidell's Sweet Italian Sausage for this recipe, this brand makes a lot of fun flavors of sausage.
- If you prefer to cook sausage, you can buy sausage links and cook them stovetop.
- Jimmy Dean or other gluten free sausages also work, just double-check the ingredients!
First I used these cute little fresh sweet mini peppers. I sliced them in half and removed the seeds.
I added browned mild sausage and grated pepper jack cheese. Top with freshly chopped scallions.
You can use any cheese you like in this recipe. Just pair flavors so that the flavor sausage you use matches the cheese. Here are some good cheeses if you don't have pepper jack on-hand:
- Mexican cheese blend
Can you make this recipe dairy-free?
You can definitely make this gluten free by using Daiya or Kite Hill dairy-free cheeses. There are other brands of dairy-free cheese, but these two I have used and my family likes them.
How long do you bake mini sweet peppers?
I baked my stuffed peppers for 15 minutes until the peppers soften and the cheese melts.
Go here to see all of the delicious gluten free appetizer recipes on my blog.
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please leave me a rating and a comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest to see even more delicious recipes!
Pepper Jack Sausage Stuffed Mini Peppers
- 1 package mini peppers
- 1 package First Street mild sausage
- 1 block First Street Pepper Jack cheese shredded
- scallions to top
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray olive oil onto a baking sheet.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Place on the baking sheet.
- In a pan on medium heat, brown sausage.
- Remove and cut into chunks.
- Place a piece of sausage in each pepper.
- Top with shredded pepper jack cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve hot topped with scallions.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)