If you love gluten free pizza, Sabatasso's Gluten Free Pizza is so good! A company called Freschetta bought Sabatassos so now you can find this pizza not only at your local Costco (sometimes) but also at your regular grocery stores!
Update, Sabatasso's brand was purchased by Freschetta. You can find these delicious gluten free pizzas under the Freschetta brand name in most grocery stores now. Freschetta's gluten free pizzas are also certified gluten free.
Affordable Frozen Gluten Free Pizza
At long last, my search for affordable frozen, good tasting, gluten free pizza has come to an end!! My son and I stumbled across Sabatasso's Gluten Free Pizza at Costco a few days ago.
You get two large gluten free pizzas for only $11.99. These frozen pizzas have been certified gluten free, and they are made in a dedicated gluten free kitchen. Hello, gluten free frozen pizza!!
I hate to admit it, these frozen gluten free pizzas are really good."
These pizzas bake up with a crispy crust and they are smothered in real cheese. A lot of cheese. If we have a day of schlepping the kids to sports activities, these would be perfect to throw in the oven for a quick dinner.
Ways to Cook Frozen Gluten Free Pizza:
- In an oven. Bake these frozen pizzas according to the box directions. Bake at 425F degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Cook these on your grill!! If you like a crispy crust, toss your frozen pizza onto your grill and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat. (Keep an eye on it as some grills cook hotter than others.)
We just popped the pizza into the oven and they are ready in 10-12 minutes. This is what one of the pizzas looked like coming out of the oven:
We have tried so many different gluten free frozen pizza brands since going gluten free. Most gluten free frozen pizzas have had soggy crusts and little flavor. Do you find this too?
If you feel like making a gluten free pizza from scratch, try one of these yummy gluten free pizza recipes:
- Gluten Free Flatbread Pizza Crust
- Grillable Gluten Free Pizza Crust
- If you prefer a box mix, Chebe crusts have been great if we didn't have time to let yeast rise.
Now, if we are in a hurry, these Sabastasso's (aka Freschetta frozen pizzas) gluten free frozen pizzas are a great option. You can find Freschetta at Safeway, Nob Hill, and many other grocery stores.
If you LOVE a crispy pizza crust, toss this frozen pizza onto your BBQ grill. I promise you this is sooo good. The crust gets so crispy, just like a brick oven pizza.
Fun toppings ideas for your pizza
We love to add toppings on frozen gluten free pizza to customize it. Here are some of our favorite pizza toppings:
- Onions (okay, I don't like onions on pizza, but Mr. Fearless Dining does)