If you love blueberry muffins, these gluten free cashew meal blueberry muffins are a delicious treat.
Something new at Trader Joe’s….Cashew Meal. (Note, photos in this post were updated 8/16)
I love to use nut meals when I do my gluten free baking. It adds protein, and helps balance out the sugar. When I bake with nut flours, I typically substitute 3/4 cup of gluten free flour with 1 cup of nut meal. You can use it primarily in cake, muffin, and cookie recipes. It was time to see if this would work in my family’s favorite blueberry muffin recipe.
I was curious to see if the cashew meal worked as well as Trader Joe’s almond meal.
You can’t imagine how excited I was when I tasted my first muffin. The cashew meal kept these muffins so moist and delicious! These muffins are perfect for a grab and go breakfast!
Add all of the dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
Add the wet ingredients and mix.
Pour into muffin tins and bake.
How to make blueberry muffins:
- 3/4 c Teff Flour
- 1/2 c Bob's Red Mill Gf Sweet White Sorghum Flour
- 1/4 c Authentic Foods Arrowroot Flour
- 1/2 c Trader Joe's Just Cashew Meal
- 1/4 c flaxseed meal
- 2 TBSP chia seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp xanthum gum
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 c applesauce
- 1/3 c grapeseed oil
- 1 c coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 TBSP water
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put paper muffin cups into muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients and whisk together to blend.
- In a smaller bowl, mix all wet ingredients.
- Gently blend wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, adding blueberries when halfway blended.
- Do not over blend or muffins will not be as light.
- Bake until cooked, about 15 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 222 Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 27mg Sodium: 145mg Carbohydrates: 28g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 11g Protein: 3g
(* Please note links on ingredients are affiliate links set up through Amazon.com so that I can raise some money to help defer costs to maintain the Fearless Dining site. I appreciate your support!)
The verdict…these muffins were really good. They were moist and light out of the oven.
More Yummy Muffin Recipes to Try!