Fall is coming and what way to best celebrate than a rich pumpkin mousse with a caramel pecan bacon praline sauce?
I can’t help it.
I love pumpkin. It is not only filled with vitamins and nutrients, but it works really well in desserts!
Fall has always been my favorite time of year. The weather cools down a little bit, the kids get settled in to their school routine, Halloween costumes are chosen…..and pumpkin recipes are all over the internet.
Have you noticed all of the pumpkin recipes that come out every fall?
It always makes me wonder. Given how easy it is to get pumpkin year round, why aren’t there new pumpkin recipes in the spring, or summer? I can easily see enjoying these Gluten Free Pumpkin Donuts, or these Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins any time of year!
It is almost a shame to put away the cans of organic pumpkin after Halloween.
The star of this recipe is pumpkin…but the bacon is fighting hard to take center stage. Bacon adds just enough of that salty smokey taste to the caramel sauce to turn this dessert into something spectacular.
I really hate cooking bacon in my kitchen. It is messy and smelly…and not so fun to clean up. Trader Joe’s was reading my mind because this fully cooked bacon is so much easier to use.
For this recipe, I wanted to use some of the bacon grease in my praline sauce. I put three slices of the bacon into a coffee mug and microwaved it for 40 seconds.
Fold the pumpkin into the whipped cream very carefully to keep it nice and fluffy.
Easy pumpkin mousse with a caramel pecan bacon praline topping
- 1 can organic pumpkin puree
- 1 can COLD full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 slices cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce I love Trader Joe's
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a sauce pan, add pumpkin, eggs, sugar and spices.
- Cook on low heat until mixture boils, stirring frequently.
- Allow to fully cool.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to whip the cold coconut milk into whipped cream.
- Add 1 1/4 cups of the cooled pumpkin mixture to the whipped cream.
- Fold in the pumpkin gently.
- Place precooked bacon in a coffee mug and microwave for 40 seconds.
- Add caramel and pecans.
- Microwave for 10 seconds.
- Stir well.
- Spoon mousse into bowls or glasses and allow to cool.
- Top with cooled caramel bacon mixture.
Click here to see all of the mousse and pudding recipes on this blog.
Round out the meal with these delicious recipe ideas.
If you love fall mousse, give this Kobocha Squash Mousse a try.