Here is a quick and easy curry dish that is ready in under 30 minutes! Grab your rice noodles and a few simple ingredients in your pantry, and get cooking!
Perfect for lunch or dinner, this curry dish is both gluten free and dairy free! If your house is like ours, school nights are pretty busy. Any healthy meal that is fast is a winner in my house!!
Have you tried Alaskan cod?
I have become a big fan lately. It is mild, and takes on the flavors of whatever dish you are cooking. This makes it a great healthy protein source for kids. I decided to test cod in my favorite curry recipe.
Saute carrots, sweet potatoes, and yellow squash cooking in olive oil.
Add cod, and the rest of the ingredients. Cover and cook until vegetables are soft.
Serve over vermicelli noodles or rice. I used carrots, sweet potatoes, and squash…but you can toss in any vegetables you want. Choose your family’s favorite vegetables 🙂 .
Click here to see all of the seafood recipes on this blog.
How to make seafood curry:
Easy cod curry with vermicelli noodles
- 4 cod filets
- 14 ounce can light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
- salt to taste
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup each of chopped sweet potato carrots, and yellow squash
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cups package vermicelli noodles or rice
- Put a pot of water on to boil. (If you are making rice, boil 4 cups water.)
- Add vermicelli or rice and cook according to package instructions.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot.
- Add vegetables and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add cod, coconut milk, and spices.
- Cover the pot and lower the heat to low.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes until the fish is cooked.
- Stir and break up fish into the curry sauce.
- Serve warm over rice or noodles.
If you like this recipe, give this Gluten Free Cod Alfredo recipe a try!