This corn coleslaw recipe is a quick and easy side dish that can be enjoyed anytime.
Spring is here in the Bay Area and that means the beginning of picnic season. It has been warming up unseasonably fast this month in California and we are enjoying a lot more outdoors time with our family and friends.
This coleslaw recipe is a crowd-pleasing dish that goes with any type of food. (I even put it on my BBQ tacos.) You will love the fruit and veggie combination of flavors in this easy coleslaw salad. Kids love it, making it a great way to sneak in some veggies!
What are your favorite things to bring to a cookout? I love to make this sweet coleslaw recipe to bring along.
Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
Mix and serve. (I like to chill it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.)
Here is another delicious salad from Go Dairy Free that is perfect for a cookout. Check out this Dairy Free Ranch Pasta Salad recipe.
More Delicious Gluten Free Picnic Recipes:
- Daikon Salad with Fresh Apples
- Tuna Pesto Sandwiches
- Gluten Free Fried Chicken
- Curried Chicken Salad with Grapes
How to make this Tangy Coleslaw Recipe:
- 2/3 cup raw corn kernels
- 3 long scallions, chopped
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 large pear or apple, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- Salt to taste
- In a large bowl, add vegetables, fruits, and sesame seeds.
- In a small bowl, add honey, lemon juice, and mayonnaise.
- Pour dressing into large bowl with vegetables.
- Mix well.
- Chill 30 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 165 Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 5mg Sodium: 136mg Carbohydrates: 18g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 8g Protein: 1g
Click here to see all of the salad recipes on this blog.
More Yummy Recipes for a Cookout