If you have a craving for something tropical, these quick and easy gluten free white chocolate chip pineapple coconut muffins are a delicious treat.
These little easy tropical gluten free muffins were made in honor of my daughter’s public speaking class. The kids needed to bring a snack and talk about it as an assignment. My daughter begged me not to make something healthy. And she told me this at about 8:00 pm the night before…
How often does that happen in your house?
The only criteria for this pineapple coconut muffin recipe is that they had to be sweet, with no healthy stuff mixed in. My daughter was afraid if they were healthy, kids in the class wouldn’t like them.
I may not make super sweet muffins often, but once in awhile, it is okay to cheat a little bit.
If you want your coconut muffins to be healthier, try:
- Reducing the sugar by 1/4 cup.
- Use fewer white chocolate chips!
- Add macadamia nuts or another nut for some protein.
As they are, these gluten free pineapple white chocolate chip muffins are more like a gluten free cupcake than a muffin :-).
Certified Gluten Free Oats
When making this recipe, please make sure the oats you use are certified gluten free when you make this recipe. Oats don’t contain gluten themselves, but they can definitely get cross contaminated very easily!
There are several brands of oats that are certified gluten free including Bob’s Red Mill, Trader Joe’s has an in-house gluten free rolled oats product, and there are more than you can see here.
If you like pineapple and white chocolate chips, you will definitely like these muffins. There is so much sweetness from the pineapple juice that blends right into the white chocolate. These muffins are moist and delicious, with a slight crisp on the muffin top edges…just the way a muffin should be.
I am happy to report these easy gluten free mini muffins were a big hit. We made these muffins in a mini muffin pan. If you would like larger muffins, you can easily make these in a regular muffin tin…or even make a gluten free tropical coconut bread out of the batter.
How to make gluten free pineapple muffins
Gently mix the wet and dry ingredients. You don’t want to over mix your muffin batter or your muffins will not turn out light and fluffy.
Add some batter to each muffin section and then bake at 350 degrees.
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
- Mini muffin tin. This is the best pan if you want bite-sized mini muffins that you can just pop into your mouth.
- My favorite gluten free flour blend. It makes these muffins turn out light and fluffy!
- 2 cups gluten free quick oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour blend
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray coconut oil on a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, add all of the dry ingredients except the chips. Whisk to blend.
- In a small bowl, add the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and add the white chocolate chips. Mix lightly. (Try not to over mix or the muffins won't be as light.
- Put some batter into each mini muffin section. Bake for 10-15 minutes for mini muffins, 20-25 minutes for larger muffins.
Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Old Fashion Rolled Oats, 32 Ounce
Bob's Red Mill Resealable Gluten Free 1-to-1 All Purpose Baking Flour, 22 Oz (4 Pack)
There are affiliate links in my posts. This doesn't change the cost you pay for an item, it just means a tiny commission comes to Fearless Dining to help offset the costs of running this blog.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 201 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 43mg Sodium: 117mg Carbohydrates: 26g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 16g Protein: 3g
More Yummy Gluten Free Muffins to Try!