Have you seen those funny looking little finger limes in your produce market? They may taste like lime, but they look nothing like one!
I am a recent finger lime convert! These tiny little finger limes in a produce market not too long ago and I passed them by. Crazy right? I didn’t know what a finger lime was. A little while later I saw them as a specialty item through our CSA and I decided to buy a small box.
You are probably asking why I have a picture of pickles…but these are actually finger limes! These limes are very small, no more than an inch or two long. I did a quick Google search for finger limes and saw that their pulp is like little caviar beads. The beads just burst with flavor when you bite down.
If you cut into the finger lime and roll it in your fingers, tiny lime beads start to emerge.
I hope you enjoy them in this easy quinoa finger lime salad recipe.
Quinoa comes in so many colors and flavors. It’s high protein content makes it a favorite for vegans and health food lovers. Quinoa is the perfect base for this delicious salad. Bring it to your next cookout or picnic, it keeps fresh perfectly. I love quinoa in so many foods, especially this easy breakfast hot cereal.
How to make quinoa salad
- 2 cups cooked quinoa cooled
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced fennel 1 whole bulb
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 14 ounce can garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 7 in finger limes cut in half, lime pearls squeezed out
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients.
- Squeeze and roll finger limes in your fingers to extract all of the caviar beads.
- Put lime beads in with other ingredients.
- Mix well.
- In a small dish, add lime juice and oil.
- Mix and toss with quinoa and vegetables.
More Yummy Salad Ideas to Try