Grilled salmon with a fresh tomatillo and papaya salsa is a fresh idea for a quick and easy dinner. Fresh fruity flavors work so well with this easy grilled salmon recipe. Paleo, gluten free, Whole30 compliant.
(*I was given these infused olive oils in order to create a recipe around them. All opinions are my own.)
Last fall my husband and I attended a dinner and talk about sustainability sponsored by our local CSA, Farm Fresh to You. There were several local vendors there including a small olive farm, Capay Valley Ranches. The owner, Denise, and I talked for quite some time.
I was really impressed with the quality of their premium extra virgin olive oils. (Not only do they sell oils, but they grow and sell their own nuts, fresh honey, and infused balsamic vinegar too!)
Olives are grown in a special vine style, making it really quick to harvest the olives. The olives are fresh-pressed within just a few hours of harvest. This freshness is noticeable when you drizzle one of their infused oils onto a salad.
I received a box of infused oils to experiment in my kitchen with.
I was immediately drawn to the Persian Lime infused oil. Something about the lime intrigued me. The lime flavor is crisp in this oil and I knew it could be used in many different types of recipes.
With Cinco de Mayo coming up, I decided to create a salsa recipe with this oil.
Toss all vegetables and papaya into a bowl.
Not only is this salsa good on salmon, but it is also great on tortilla chips as well:-).
Click here to see all of the dinner recipes on this blog.
More Delicious Seafood Recipes to Try:
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Tilapia
- Homemade Oyster Chowder (gluten free!)
- Cod Fettuccine Alfredo
- Tuna Salad Stuffed Avocados
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
How to make grilled salmon:
- 2-4 salmon filets
- 1 papaya, diced
- 3-4 large tomatillos, or 5-6 small ones
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 3 chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon chopped pasilla pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Capay Valley Ranch Persian Lime Infused Olive Oil
- dash salt
- Chop papaya, tomatillo, cilantro, pepper, and scallions and add to a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, add liquid ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Add to tomatillo mixture.
- Toss to coat.
- Heat a grill or oven.
- Rub salmon with a little Persian Lime Infused Olive Oil and salt.
- (Not too much oil.)
- Cook the salmon.
- Top with salsa and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 562Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 144mgSodium: 217mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 51g