These flavor-packed Italian ground pork meatballs are a delicious treat alone as an appetizer or served with pasta and sauce.
Savory and delicious, this bite-sized ground pork meatball recipe is a family-favorite!
Meat is still king at our house as my son speeds through a perpetual growth spurt. We regularly get ground pork in our meat CSA and I can’t say enough good things about it.
Cooking with ground pork
Ground pork is so moist and it seems to add a savory flavor to anything I make with it. It also holds in a juiciness to the meat, so these ground pork meatballs don’t get dry. It is so easy to cook with ground pork
- Ground pork is easy to cook by sauteing in a frying pan.
- You can form meatballs and cook them in a slow cooker
- Use ground pork in a meatloaf recipe and bake it in the oven.
- Ground pork takes the same amount of time to cook as ground beef.
Need an appetizer? These gluten free ground pork meatballs are perfect.
Want to toss them onto pasta with sauce, they are delicious this way too! You can even just dip them in a marinara sauce :-). This recipe for marinara is so quick and easy. The flavors work so well with the meatballs!
If your kids LOVE meatballs like mine do, try these sneaky Gluten Free Bok Choy Meatballs or these Gluten Free Zucchini Ricotta Meatballs. (Both recipes are full of healthy hidden vegetables, but don’t worry! Your kids will NEVER know any of these meatballs are healthy!)
(**If you are cooking gluten free pasta, check out this handy hack to ensure your pasta stays firm and doesn’t get mushy!)
These are so easy to make.
Add all ingredients to a bowl.
Mix all ingredients. Shape into balls and bake. Easy peasy! Bake your meatballs, then enjoy hot :-).
More Delicious Gluten Free Appetizers to Try:
- Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms
- Gluten Free Fried Cheese Sticks
- Baked Turmeric Chicken Wings
- The Ultimate List of Gluten Free Appetizers
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
Things You Need to Make This Pork Meatballs Recipe:
- You need a little muscle to mix this all up. These handy mixing bowls have a rubber bottom and won’t slide around while you mix.
- Gluten free panko crumbs.
Easy gluten free Italian ground pork and leek meatballs.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/3 cup gluten free or regular panko
- 1 leek chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil sliced thinly
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
With your hands, shape meatballs and roll until round.
Put on foil lined baking dish.
When the dish is full of raw meatballs, put them into the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes, depending on how large you made your meatballs, cooking time could be more or less so check the temperature to make sure they are cooked.
Remove from the oven.
Optional, serve with marinara dipping sauce.
More Tasty Appetizers!!