This shiitake cauliflower rice risotto recipe is a delicious low-carb alternative to risotto. Even better? You can make this easy cauliflower risotto in just 15 minutes! It is perfect for those busy nights when you must make dinner quickly!
Have you seen this yet? Riced cauliflower and NO mess! (You can definitely rice your cauliflower, but bagged is a huge time saver!
This low-carb rice substitute is perfect to substitute in my favorite risotto recipe! Mr. Fearless Dining and I are trying to monitor our carb intake, but it is hard when you love risotto.
I wasn't sure if the riced cauliflower would hold up and keep its risotto-like texture through cooking, so I decided to try it out. Since there is no need to absorb much liquid, this dish is super fast.
If you love cauliflower as much as we do, check out all of my delicious Gluten Free Cauliflower recipes!
- Add some shrimp or other protein; it is a perfect meal for a busy night.
- Look in your refrigerator. I am sure there are vegetables you need to use up. Feel free to use what vegetables you have on hand.
If you have a dairy-free favorite parmesan substitute, this dish can also be paleo if you skip the parmesan.
Recipe Step-By-Step Directions:
Step 1: In a large pan or pot, sauté the onion, garlic, mushroom, and butter.
Step 2: Add in the riced cauliflower and cook for a few minutes. Add the almond milk, cheese, and salt/pepper. Easy peasy!
Step 3: Add the cauliflower rice after the shiitake mushrooms are cooked. Cook it all together for about 5 minutes. Any longer, and the riced cauliflower gets mushy.
Here is another recipe you can make with the riced cauliflower. The whole family will love these Gluten Free Cauliflower Cheddar Pancakes.
Tips and Recipe FAQ:
Riced cauliflower does taste like cauliflower, but more subtle as it is in tiny bits.
You can make this dairy-free by substituting the parmesan for vegan parmesan.
These risotto will keep fresh for up to 4 days in an airtight container or up to 4 months in the freezer.
If you are looking for more dinner ideas:
- The whole family will love this Gluten Free One-Pot Italian Pasta recipe!
- Kids love this easy Mango Chicken with Coconut Cauliflower Rice recipe.
- Here is a delicious budget Gluten Free Paella recipe that everyone will love.
I doubled the butter, used ½ package sliced baby bellas and ½ onion, used already pearled onions steamed in the bag first, doubled (at least) the parmesan, eyeballed the ¾ milk (used 1%), and added 3 laughing cow wedges for extra creaminess."Charity M., Pinterest user
This food chopper will rice your cauliflower if you can't find it bagged 🙂
Shiitake Riced Cauliflower Risotto
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
- I head cauliflower (riced, or 1 bag of Trader Joe's riced cauliflower)
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 3 green onions sliced
- 6-8 fresh shiitake mushrooms sliced thinly
- ¾ cup almond milk I used original organic
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pan, melt butter and add garlic and green onions.
- Cook 2 minutes and add shiitake mushrooms.
- Cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Add cauliflower to pan.
- Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add almond milk and parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Cook until cauliflower is soft, but not mushy. (About 5 more minutes.)
Please know that every gluten free flour blend has a different starch to grain ratio. If you use a blend I didn't test, you may need to adjust your moisture levels in your baked goods.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
Simplifying the art of baking and cooking gluten-free recipes.