This shiitake cauliflower rice risotto recipe is a delicious low-carb alternative to risotto.
Even better? You can make this easy cauliflower risotto in just 15 minutes! It is perfect for those busy nights when you need to make dinner quickly!
Easy Cauliflower Rice
I am continuing my love affair with Trader Joe’s cauliflower rice.”
Have you seen this yet?
Riced cauliflower and NO mess! (You can definitely rice your own cauliflower, but bagged really is a huge time saver! You can buy riced cauliflower here, or at most grocery stores.
If you can’t find this bagged version and want to make your own riced cauliflower, just add chunks of cauliflower to a food processor to make your grated cauliflower.
This low-carb rice substitute is perfect to substitute in my favorite risotto recipe!
Mr. Fearless Dining and I are trying to watch our carb intake a bit, but it is hard when you love risotto.
I wasn’t sure if the riced cauliflower would hold up and keep its risotto-like texture through cooking, so I decided to try it out. Since there is no need to absorb a ton of liquid, this dish is super fast to make.
- Add some shrimp or other protein and it is a perfect meal for a busy night.
- Look in your refrigerator. I am sure there are vegetables you need to use up. Feel free to use what vegetables you have on hand.
This risotto was ready in under 15 minutes!
If you have a dairy-free favorite parmesan substitute, this dish can be paleo as well if you skip the parmesan.
How to make low carb cauliflower risotto
Saute the onion, garlic, mushroom, and butter.
Add in the riced cauliflower and cook a few minutes. Add the almond milk, cheese, and salt/pepper. Easy peasy!
Here is another recipe you can make with the riced cauliflower…Gluten Free Cauliflower Cheddar Pancakes.
If you are looking for more dinner ideas:
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
Tools You Need To Make This Cauliflower Mushroom Risotto Recipe:
This food chopper will rice your cauliflower if you can’t find it bagged 🙂
- I head cauliflower, (riced, or 1 bag of Trader Joe's riced cauliflower)
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 6-8 fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 3/4 cup almond milk, I used original organic
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pan, melt butter and add garlic and green onions.
- Cook 2 minutes and add shiitake mushrooms.
- Cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Add cauliflower to pan.
- Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add almond milk and parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Cook until cauliflower is soft, but not mushy. (About 5 more minutes.)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 159 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 19mg Sodium: 224mg Carbohydrates: 12g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 5g Protein: 5g
More Yummy Dinner Recipes to Try!