This healthy spiralized radish and lime salad is a fun side salad that packs a flavorful punch.
It is official.
I love my new Paderno spiralizer. It spiralizes so easily. Now I can make curly fries, veggie noodles, and fun looking salads. My kids seem to love curly veggies a lot more than regular chopped vegetables too. (I don’t know how long that will last, but I’m totally taking advantage of it as long as I can!!)
It took a little bit to get used to it. At first I had a few fails. Now that I know the right width for vegetables, I have been able to create all sorts of fun things.
I found these unusual long purplish red radishes at our farmer’s market last week.
Something new and unusual! Have you seen these around you? I am laughing at my self….I really thought it was a purplish red carrot when I saw it. There was no sign, and I am glad I asked.
Can you imagine buying a big bunch of these spicy radishes, only to find they aren’t the sweet carrot you had hoped for? My kids’ first bite would have been amusing.
Unfortunately, I didn’t see this variety on wikipedia, so I can’t tell you what it is….but I will say it spiralizes beautifully!! I am thinking it is related to a daikon radish. Have you seen this before?
How to make radish salad:
Easy radish salad with lime and cilantro.
- 1 large purplish radish or 4 large radishes (purple radish looks like a giant carrot)
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- Use a spiralizer to spiralize the radishes.
- (*If you don't own a spiralizer, just slice the radishes thinly.)
- In a small bowl, add all liquid ingredients.
- Whisk to blend.
- Pour over the radishes to blend.
- This salad tastes even better if it sits with the lime juice for 15-20 minutes before serving.
Plan a meal around this salad! Here are some tasty suggestions:
If you love radish salads, try this Black Sesame Radish Salad with Wasabi.