It is time to hit the markets because summer fruits are back! This easy Fennel salad is full of nectarines and strawberries!
We had a lot of strawberries and apricots in our box today. The big surprise was that there was no fennel. How can I make a salad without my trusty fennel?
I have become accustomed to those two fennel bulbs that have resided in my farm box for weeks now.
What is a girl to do?
I caved in and bought some fennel at Trader Joe’s 🙂 . I envisioned this fennel working well with the fruits and I had to try it out for fun. I used a lightly fruity dressing to play up the fruits in this salad.
I hope you love this easy fennel salad recipe as much as we do!
The lime in the dressing really plays up to the fruits and fennel, making it a great salad for any occasion. If you can’t find key limes in your store, that is okay. Substitute the juice from one regular sized lime instead.
The result? Delicious.
An easy fennel salad with summer fruits
- 10 strawberries sliced
- 3 apricots sliced
- 2 bulbs of fennel sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 3 key limes juiced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds whole
- In a salad bowl, add all sliced fruit and fennel.
- In a small dish, combine dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Toss dressing with salad and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
If you can understand and relate to my fennel addiction, here are two more recipes with fennel: