If you love sweets, but don’t want all of the sugar, you are going to LOVE these no bake peanut butter balls! Kids love these and you will love all of the protein which makes these a great snack!
Creamy and delicious, dip them in white or dark chocolate for a quick and easy dessert
Here is an easy no-bake chocolate peanut butter chocolate truffle candy that you will feel good giving to your kids, or peanut butter craving spouses :-).
If you have a spouse like Mr. Fearless Dining, who can’t resist peanut butter, you will want to make this easy chocolate truffle recipe again and again! Wait until you see the ingredients! Deep rich chocolate, peanut butter, and a couple of surprise ingredients too!
I have a small confession, I let my kids eat these peanut butter balls for breakfast today. (Though next time I will coat these in dark chocolate!) Do you have a cheat breakfast you let your kids eat without guilt?
We hope you enjoy these easy high protein chocolate peanut butter balls too!”
Healthy Peanut Butter Balls
As I mentioned before, I coated these high protein healthy peanut butter balls in white chocolate. These peanut butter balls are so pretty…but feel free to coat these in dark chocolate or milk chocolate if you prefer. The dark chocolate has the least amount of sugar.
Here is where I am kicking myself. I didn’t take any pictures of us making these. I was fine with the cocoa powder and peanut butter, but as soon as I whipped out the white chocolate to melt, the vultures had arrived.
My family hovered over the dipping process, trying to stick fingers into the chocolate, sneak tastes, etc!
More Delicious Peanut Butter Recipes to Try:
- Quick and Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
- Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
- Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls with Peanut Butter Glaze
(*I received a bag of peanut flour and cocoa powder from Anthony’s Goods, one of my favorite companies. They have a ton of amazing products, most of which are even gluten free! All opinions are my own.)
The stars of this easy truffle recipe are the peanut flour and cocoa powder. Add in my favorite gluten free vanilla protein powder and peanut butter, and you have a delicious high protein snack that kids and grownups will love.
How to make peanut butter chocolate truffles:
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder, I used Bob's Red Mill (*note when I use the two scoops, it is a very full 1/3 of a cup.)
- 1 cup peanut flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1-2 tablespoons water if needed
- melting chocolate
- In a large bowl, add peanut flour and protein powder. Mix well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Form batter into balls and place on wax paper.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- With a fork, dip each truffle into the chocolate and roll to coat. Remove and place on wax paper to dry. Keep in the refrigerator, or freeze.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 48mg Carbohydrates: 8g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 5g Protein: 5g
And if you have a hard time resisting peanut butter and chocolate, Mr. Fearless Dining said you should try this Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake!