These vegan gluten free granola tarts with grilled peaches combine all of our favorite breakfast flavors in one easy dish. You will find so many ways to fill these sweet granola tarts.
Click for Table of Contents:
Our family loves breakfast, pretty much all breakfasts...this is the one meal of the day my teens are not too picky about.
I can't tell you how excited I was to create a fun new idea for breakfast. Lately, there have been a ton of frozen yogurt and smoothie recipes lately and it was important for me to create something different. I really hope your family enjoys this recipe because it is such a fun new way to eat yogurt.
Here is a quick video to show you how easy this is to make for yourself.
Gluten free oats:
If you are gluten free for medical reasons, it is critical that you ensure the oats you use are certified gluten free. Cross-contamination is a huge issue in oats! Oats are often grown next to wheat and stored in silos that could be contaminated with wheat.
What oats are certified gluten free?
- Trader Joe's has gluten free rolled oats in a light blue bag, make sure it is labeled gluten free.
- Bob's Red Mill has certified gluten free oats. They offer gluten free steel cut oats, rolled oats, and quick oats.
- Quaker Oats also has a gluten free version now.
- Thrive Market sells a private label gluten free rolled oats.
- GF Harvest also makes gluten free oats.
How to grill peaches:
One of my favorite parts of this recipe was grilling the fresh peaches. Grilling fruit really brings out the natural sweetness in the peaches, which really adds to these tarts.
Grill the peaches on medium heat for 5 minutes each side, with the grill lid down. Make sure you use tongs to remove the peaches from the grill when they are done so you don't burn your fingers.
Can you use other fruits?
You can top these granola tarts any way you like, with yogurt and fruit...or make a dessert by using ice cream! The sky is the limit in how you use your granola tarts! My favorites are berries, pears, and grilled pineapple.
Ways to use tart shells
You can use these granola tarts so many fun ways. Here are some of my favorites:
- You can put a scoop of this Earl Grey Ice Cream in them.
- Add strawberries and whipped cream to make a modified strawberries and cream dessert.
- Add this raspberry mousse to the tarts.
- Fill them with this delicious creamy Chocolate Custard and make them a dessert!
Gluten Free Granola Tarts with Grilled Peaches
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add maple syrup and coconut oil.
- Mix well.
- Fill tart pans half way and then press to flatten up the sides.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 20 minutes.
- While these are baking, preheat the grill on medium heat.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Grill peach halves on the grill for 4-5 minutes each side. (Make sure the grill lid is closed.)
- Add a scoop of yogurt to the granola tart crust.
- Top with a grilled peach half and drizzle with honey.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)
(*This post was updated from an older July 2016 post.)