Deli Style Macaroni Salad
A creamy classic gluten free deli-style macaroni salad recipe.
- 12- ounce gluten free elbow macaroni
- ½ cup celery finely diced
- ½ cup red bell pepper diced
- ½ cup carrot grated
- ½ cup red onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp honey
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Optional: 3 tablespoons sweet relish
Follow the directions of the packet for cooking your gluten free elbow macaroni in salted water, then drain well and allow it to cool.
Mix together the ingredients for the macaroni salad dressing while the pasta is cooking.
Chop the vegetables as directed and add to a large bowl with the cooled cooked macaroni.
Add the salad dressing and mix well to combine, chill salad before serving.
1. Cook the pasta 1 minute less than the package recommends so it is al dente.
2. Drain the cooked pasta in a colander. Do a cold water rinse to halt the cooking process and cool your macaroni.
Serving: 1gCalories: 228kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 3gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 735mgFiber: 1gSugar: 4g