Butternut Squash Noodles with Brown Butter Sage
A delicious recipe with butternut squash and leek ribbons sauted in brown butter with fresh sage.
- 1 butternut squash use vegetable peeler to make ribbons
- 1 leek washed and sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper to taste
With a vegetable peeler, remove the rind from the butternut squash.
Once the rind is removed, continue to peel ribbons of squash until you get close to the center.
Slice leek. I cut it in half lengthwise then cut both vertically to create U shaped pieces of leek.
In a large cast iron skillet, heat butter with leeks on medium heat.
Allow leeks to cook until almost caramelized and butter is slightly brown.
Add squash ribbons and sage.
Saute until squash is slightly tender.
Salt and pepper to taste.
- Use a vegetable peeler to make the squash peels vertically along the length of the butternut squash. Stop when you get to the seeds and gooey inside.
- You can use ghee instead of butter. I do not recommend vegan butter because it doesn't brown the same.
- These squash noodles will keep up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Serving: 1gCalories: 126kcalCarbohydrates: 26gProtein: 2gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 37mgPotassium: 711mgFiber: 5gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 20449IUVitamin C: 42mgCalcium: 120mgIron: 2mg