Butternut Squash Egg Baskets
Easy butternut squash egg cups make a great grab and go breakfast.
- 1 Butternut squash * see note
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup cheddar cheese use as much as you like
- Salt to taste
Preheat the oven to 350º F.
Spray olive oil into each cup of a muffin tin.
Wrap butternut squash ribbons around the edges and bottom of the cup to form a basket.
Drop one raw egg into each cup.
Add a little salt, to with cheese.
Bake for 12 minutes or until done.
- Make them dairy-free by using a dairy-free cheese.
- Omit the cheese to make this paleo.
- These egg cups freeze well in a ziplock freezer bag.
- This recipe will keep up to 4 days in the refrigerator, or 5 months in a freezer bag.
- You can use any winter squash to make this recipe, though spaghetti squash will have a very different texture.
Serving: 1egg cupCalories: 99kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 5gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 87mgSodium: 63mgPotassium: 255mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 6810IUVitamin C: 13mgCalcium: 76mgIron: 1mg