Light and Easy French Vanilla Mousse
A creamy light French vanilla mousse recipe that is made without gelatin.
- 1 ½ cups whipping cream * see note
- 1 vanilla bean scraped so you get the seeds only
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
Pour the whipping cream into a bowl. Use an electric mixer on high speed to beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. This should take 2-3 minutes.
Add the powdered sugar and vanilla beans. Mix on low speed for 10-15 seconds to blend.
Put into a container and chill for 2 hours.
Remove from the refrigerator and either spoon the mousse into glassware, or you can make it fancy and use a frosting piping bag to pipe the mousse into the glassware.
- If you don't have a vanilla bean, use 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Heavy cream and whipping cream are very similar but heavy cream has a slightly higher fat content. I recommend using whipping cream for this recipe.
- If your mousse turns out runny, you probably didn't whip the whipping cream long enough. Be sure the peaks are stiff before adding the vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. This mousse will keep fresh up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Serving: 1gCalories: 334kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 2gFat: 33gSaturated Fat: 21gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 122mgSodium: 34mgPotassium: 67mgSugar: 6gVitamin A: 1312IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 58mgIron: 1mg