Gluten Free Black Grape Galettes
How to make little gluten free black grape galettes in mason jar lids.
- 3 cups grapes * see not
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons tapioca flour
- dash salt
- 1 ½ cups gluten free flour blend * see note
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter cold
- ¼ cup water may need more, add 1 TBSP at a time.
Preheat the oven to 350º F.
In a sauce pan, add the first 6 ingredients. Cook on medium low for 10 minutes. Mash the grapes while cooking with the back of a spatula.
Remove the grape pie filling from the heat and set aside.
In a bowl, add flour, salt, and butter. Use a pastry blender to cut the butter into the flour until it is crumbly.
Add water a little at a time. Mix well. When crust is formed, stop adding milk.
Put down a piece of wax paper and put the dough on top. Cover with another piece of wax paper and roll to ¼ inch thickness.
Use the mason jar lid to cut out the pie crust circles. Remove the dough circle and put into the mason jar lid. Continue until all 10 are filled with dough. Spoon in some grape pie filling into each.
Bake for about 20 minutes until the crust is flaky.
- I have tested this recipe with King Arthur Measure for Measure GF and Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF blend.. That doesn't mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain Xanthan Gum or Guar Gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- To make this recipe dairy-free, substitute the butter for vegan butter.
- You can use any color grape to make this recipe.
- These galettes will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Serving: 1gCalories: 220kcalCarbohydrates: 34gProtein: 2gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 141mgPotassium: 93mgFiber: 2gSugar: 18gVitamin A: 314IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 21mgIron: 1mg