Easy Gluten Free Chocolate Almond Joy Cookie Bars
Gluten free chocolate brownie almond joy bars.
- 1 Chocolate Baking Mix Make according to directions
- 1 can condensed coconut milk * see note
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup slivered toasted almonds
Preheat the oven to 350º F.
Make the cookie mix according to package directions.
In a medium sized bowl, add coconut, almond, and condensed milk.
Spray an 8x8 baking dish with coconut oil.
Add cookie dough to the bottom. Spread to cover the whole bottom and press down. Bake 10 minutes.
Remove the pan from the oven. Spread the coconut mixture on top.
Bake an additional 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
Slice and enjoy!
- To make this recipe dairy-free, you can use coconut condensed milk instead of regular.
- You can use a dry gluten free chocolate cookie mix and make it, or use refrigerated gluten free cookie dough.
- To test for doneness, insert a toothpick into the center of the bars If the toothpick comes out clean, it is done baking. If you see batter or crumbs, the bars need to bake longer.
- These cookies will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
- Be careful when you take this out of the oven. Allow cooling completely because the coconut topping will be very hot.
Serving: 1gCalories: 414kcalCarbohydrates: 50gProtein: 8gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 345mgPotassium: 389mgFiber: 4gSugar: 33gVitamin A: 88IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 176mgIron: 3mg