Gluten Free Strawberry Scones
Easy gluten free fresh strawberry scones.
- ½ cup almond flour * see note
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend * see note
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup almond milk * see note
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons water (you may need to add more powdered sugar if you want a thicker glaze
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Use coconut oil to spray a baking dish. I used a scone pan, but you can use a round cake pan as a substitute to make these scones.
In a large bowl, add dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
In a medium bowl, blend all wet ingredients.
Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and blend until mixed.
Add strawberries and blend.
Spray a scone pan with coconut oil and fill each section with batter.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the scones are golden brown.
- I have tested this recipe with King Arthur Measure for Measure GF and Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF blend. That doesn't mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain xanthan gum or guar gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
I highly suggest using almond flour and not almond meal. Almond meal is more coarse and will make your scones grainy.
- To make this recipe nut-free, omit the almond flour and substitute an additional ¼ cup gluten free flour blend.
- I used almond milk but other dairy-free kinds of milk will work but I do not recommend canned coconut milk.
- To test for doneness, insert a toothpick into the center of the scone. If the toothpick comes out clean, it is done baking. If you see batter or crumbs, the scones needs to bake longer.
- These scones will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Serving: 1gCalories: 188kcalCarbohydrates: 28gProtein: 3gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 101mgPotassium: 63mgFiber: 2gSugar: 19gVitamin A: 41IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 56mgIron: 1mg