Chilled Shishito Pepper Soup
Easy chilled shishito pepper soup.
- 1 pint shishito peppers washed, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sized garlic clove smashed
- 1 medium cucumber
- ¼ cup onion
- 2 cups vegetable stock or water (note I used water and added one small carrot)
- 1 tablespoons +1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
In a frying pan, heat oil and garlic.
Char Shishito peppers until blisters appear on the skin.
Place peppers and all ingredients into a blender or Vitamix. (Note, if you do not use a Vitamix, make sure you roughly chop up your vegetables first.)
Puree on medium speed for 30 seconds.
Make sure peppers are pureed.
Place in an airtight container.
Chill in the refrigerator 3-4 hours.
Serving: 1gCalories: 75kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 2gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 606mgFiber: 1gSugar: 5g