Grilled Steak with Basil Garlic Sauce
You will love this grilled steak with basil garlic sauce recipe.
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 pounds NY strip steak
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
Pre-heat the grill to 375º F. Salt and pepper to each side of the steak.
Add two basil cubes and one garlic cube to a bowl and heat for 15 seconds to melt. Add olive oil and mix well.
Spread onto both sides of the steak. Let sit for 15 minutes.
Cook the steak on the grill. Time will depend on if you like your steak rare, medium, or well done. For medium, you want to make sure the internal temperature reads 145º F on a meat thermometer.
Remove from the grill and cover with foil for 5-10 minutes to rest.
While it is resting, add two more cubes of basil and one cube of garlic to a bowl. Heat 15 minutes. Use this sauce to drizzle on top of the steak.
- I used NY strip but you can use any cut of meat including chicken and fish with this basil garlic sauce.
- Meat cook time will vary widely depending on how thick your steaks are, and if they are bone-in or boneless.
- I like my steak medium at 145º F internal temperature. If you like it rare, you want it to be 125º F.
- This steak will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container.
Serving: 1gCalories: 358kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 31gFat: 26gSaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 467mgPotassium: 414mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 59IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 15mgIron: 3mg