Gluten Free Dairy Free Lime Mug Cake
This is an easy gluten free and dairy free lime mug cake that cooks in your microwave in just 90 seconds.
- 3 tablespoons gluten free flour blend * see note
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg large
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
For the Icing
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar for icing
- 1 teaspoons lime juice for icing
In a small bowl, add flour, sugar, and baking powder. Add in the egg, melted coconut oil, lime juice, and lime zest.
Mix well. Pour into your favorite mug. (I used a spray coconut oil to spray the sides of the mug so the cake doesn't stick.)
Put into the microwave for 90 seconds.
Put the powdered sugar and lime juice in a small bowl and mix. Drizzle onto the mug cake.
- I have tested this recipe with King Arthur Measure for Measure GF and Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF blend.. That doesn't mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain xanthan gum or guar gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- I used almond milk but other dairy-free kinds of milk will work but I do not recommend canned coconut milk.
- To test for doneness, touch your finger to the top of the cake. If it feels firm, your cake is done cooking.
- Make sure your mug is microwave safe!
Serving: 1gCalories: 625kcalCarbohydrates: 80gProtein: 8gFat: 33gSaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 164mgSodium: 66mgPotassium: 310mgFiber: 2gSugar: 61gVitamin A: 256IUVitamin C: 11mgCalcium: 132mgIron: 2mg