Gluten Free Ramen Soup
Easy tutorial to make gluten free ramen soup.
- 32 fluid ounces low sodium vegetable broth Feel free to use chicken broth if you are not vegan
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese 5 Spice Available at most grocery stores
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup zucchini
- 1 cup peppers
- 1 cup maitake mushroom or any mushroom
- 1/4 cup scallion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups gluten free ramen noodles or more if you like more noodles
- 1 teaspoon rice wine
- 1 teaspoon tamari
Boil water in a pot and cook gluten free ramen noodles per package directions.
Drain cooked noodles in a collander and rinse with cold water.
In a pan, saute all vegetables for 5-8 minutes until done. I did this separately in the video, but it isn't necessary.
In a pot, add chicken broth, tamari, rice wine, and spices. Bring to a boil then simmer for another 10 minutes.
Add noodles, vegetables and broth to a bowl and enjoy hot.
There are many ways to vary this recipe:
- Mushrooms. One of my favorite mushrooms lately has been maitake mushrooms. You can sometimes find them at your local market. We are fortunate to have several Asian markets around us. If you can't find maitake mushrooms, feel free to substitute with shiitake mushrooms.
- Use any vegetables you have on-hand like peppers, onion, bok choy, Chinese cabbage, and sprouts.
- Add Hard-boiled eggs are often found in ramen.
- If you eat meat, you can add thinly sliced chicken or beef to your ramen.
- Add hot sauce, if you like it spicy!
Serving: 1gCalories: 171kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 7gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gSodium: 878mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2g