Grilled Pork Chops with Olallieberry Thyme Sauce
Fire up your grill for these easy grilled pork chops!
- 4 pork chops
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pint blackberries *see note
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch * see note
Preheat the grill to º F.
Rub pork chops with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Let rest 15 minutes.
Place the pork chops on the grill and grill both sides until the internal temperature reaches 145 to 165º F. Remove and allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.
For the sauce:
Put the olallieberries, water, thyme, sugar, and lemon juice in a pan.
Bring to boil on medium heat
Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until sauce thickens.
Add cornstarch and mix well.
Top the pork chops with the blackberry thyme sauce.
- Use bone-in or boneless pork chops. Note that your cook time will vary depending on size and thickness of your pork chops.
- Grill your pork chops until they have an internal temperature of 145-165 degrees.
- I love olallieberries for the sauce recipe, but they have such a short season I recommend using blackberries.
- You can use dried thyme, but cut the amount in half.
- The cooked pork chops will keep in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
Serving: 1gCalories: 310kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 31gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 357mgPotassium: 698mgFiber: 6gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 283IUVitamin C: 26mgCalcium: 47mgIron: 2mg