Gluten Free Lemon Bundt Cake
This is an easy gluten free lemon bundt cake decorated with a sweet lemonade icing.
- ¾ cup almond flour * see note
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend * see note
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups almond milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil I used coconut
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice Use four for extra lemon flavor
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice add lemon juice slowly until icing is thick and drizzles when you lift the spoon out.
Preheat the oven to 350º F.
Spray a bundt pan with coconut oil.
In a large bowl, add dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
In a small bowl, add wet ingredients and whisk to blend.
Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until just barely mixed.
Bake for 45-50 minutes. Bake time may vary depending on the size of the bundt cake pan you use.
To test for doneness, insert a toothpick into the center of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, it is done baking. If you see batter or crumbs, the cake needs to bake longer.
Allow cake to cool.
Prepare icing and drizzle over cool cake.
- I have tested this recipe with King Arthur Measure for Measure GF and Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF blend. That doesn't mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain Xanthan Gum or Guar Gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- I highly suggest using almond flour and not almond meal. Almond meal is more coarse and will make your donuts grainy.
- Other dairy-free kinds of milk will work but I do not recommend canned coconut milk.
- Note, this cake also makes incredible cupcakes or sheet cake.
- This cake will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Serving: 1gCalories: 198kcalCarbohydrates: 36gProtein: 3gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 80mgPotassium: 48mgFiber: 2gSugar: 24gVitamin A: 30IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 73mgIron: 1mg