Gluten Free Quiche with Sausage
A delicious easy gluten free quiche with sausage, tomato, cheese, and scallions. The crust is made with gluten free cheese cracker crumbs.
- 6 eggs size large
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 fluid ounces evaporated milk (1 can)
- ½ cup cooked sausage * see note
- ¼ cup scallions
- ⅓ cup tomatoes chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups crushed Lance Cheese Crackers
- 3 tablespoons gluten free flour
Preheat the oven to 375º F.
In a plastic bag, add crackers and seal the bag. Use a rolling pin to crush the crackers. Put the crackers into a bowl.
For the crust, add melted butter, half the shredded cheese, gluten free flour and one egg to the crumbs. Mix well.
In a large bowl, add all liquid ingredients and the other half of the cheese. Add spices. Whisk to blend.
Pour crust mixture into a pie tin and spread out to cover the bottom and sides.
Add toppings (sausage, tomatoes, or anything you like.) Pour in egg mixture.
Sprinkle the remaining cheese and scallions on top.
Bake for 30-35 minutes until done.
- You can break up the crackers for this crust via a food processor or put them in a large ziplock baggie and smash them up!
- You could make a quiche without a crust, but why do that when you have these gluten free cheese crackers?
- To make this gluten free quiche gluten free, use dairy-free milk, butter, and cheese. I really like VioLife and Daiya brands of dairy-free cheese.
- Use a pre-cooked gluten free sausage like Aidells or Johnsonville.
- This quiche will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Serving: 1gCalories: 468kcalCarbohydrates: 45gProtein: 17gFat: 24gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 180mgSodium: 1098mgPotassium: 135mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 604IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 227mgIron: 1mg