Paleo Delicata Squash Brownies
These paleo delicata squash brownies are super moist and chocolatey!
- ½ cup pureed roasted delicata squash * see note
- ⅓ cup coconut oil melted
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour * see note
- ¼ cup tapioca starch * see note
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ cup cocoa powder + 2 TBSP
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350º F.
Spray a 8x8 baking dish with coconut oil, or other nonstick oil.
In a large bowl, add dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
In a small bowl, add wet ingredients and squash puree.
Use a mixer to blend well. (This also helps break up the squash more.)
Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
Pour into baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes until done in the center.
- Note if you can't find delicata squash, you can substitute acorn or butternut squash.
- Coconut flour is unique in the amount of moisture it absorbs. You can't substitute the same amount of gluten free flour.
- Maple syrup is the main sweetener, but you can also use agave nectar.
- These brownies will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Serving: 1gCalories: 167kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 3gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 68mgPotassium: 114mgFiber: 2gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 123IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 31mgIron: 1mg