Gluten Free Chocolate Peppermint Madeleines
A fun twist on a French classic cookie. These delicious gluten free chocolate peppermint madeleine cookies are perfect for the holidays.
- ¾ cup Gluten free flour blend * see note
- ¼ cup almond flour * see note
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder * see note
- ⅔ cup non-dairy milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter * see note
- Icing I used Wilton's
- Crushed peppermint candy or candy canes
Preheat the oven to 350º F.
In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
In a small bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just barely mixed.
Spray coconut oil in a Madeleine pan to prevent sticking. This will also help make the edges slightly crisp like Madeleines typically have.
Put a little of the batter in each section. Don't overfill!
Bake for 9-10 minutes until done and allow to cool.
Drizzle icing and top with crushed peppermint candy or candy canes
- I have tested this recipe with King Arthur Measure for Measure GF and Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF blend. That doesn't mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain Xanthan Gum or Guar Gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- I highly suggest using almond flour and not almond meal. Almond meal is more coarse and will make your donuts grainy.
- To make this recipe dairy-free, substitute the butter for vegan butter.
- Other dairy-free kinds of milk will work but I do not recommend canned coconut milk.
- To make this recipe nut-free, omit the almond flour and substitute additional gluten free flour blend.
- If you do not have a Madeleine pan, you can bake these drop style on a cookie sheet.
- These cookies will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Serving: 1gCalories: 177kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 4gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 116mgPotassium: 41mgFiber: 3gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 223IUCalcium: 34mgIron: 1mg