Easy Gluten Free Barbecue Turkey Meatballs
How to make gluten free BBQ turkey meatballs in a pressure cooker.
- 1 ½ pounds ground turkey * see note
- 6 slices raw turkey bacon * see note
- ½ cup gluten free bread crumbs * see note
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup apricot jam
- 1 bottle honey barbecue sauce
Slice up the turkey bacon into small pieces.
In a large bowl, add turkey bacon, ground turkey, bread crumbs, garlic and other spices. Mix well.
Spray cooking oil in the internal pot in the pressure cooker. Add jam and barbecue sauce.
Use your hands to roll small meatballs with the turkey meat mixture.
Add the meatballs to the pressure cooker.
Follow the instructions for operating your pressure cooker. I used on by Corsori, so I chose meat as my cooking option.
Cook for 20 minutes.
Allow pressure to ease before opening your pressure cooker. If in doubt, refer to the instruction guide that came with your pressure cooker.
Enjoy the meatballs!
Make your meatballs as directed above.
Add the barbecue sauce and meatballs to a pot with ¼ cup of water. Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat.
When the mixture begins to boil, turn the heat down to simmer. Cook for 20-30 minutes until the meatballs are done. (Actual cooking time is going to depend on how large you make your meatballs.
Check the internal temperature of a few meatballs and make sure they are 165º F.
- You can easily substitute ground beef, chicken, or pork if you prefer.
- You can buy gluten free breadcrumbs/panko, or make your own gluten free breadcrumbs.
- Gluten free barbecue sauce brands include Stubbs, Annie's, Sky Valley, Bone Sucking Sauce, Lillie's Q, Organicville, and Kraft. (There are others so always check the labels!)
- These meatballs will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Serving: 1gCalories: 158kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 16gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 397mgPotassium: 219mgFiber: 1gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 156IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 9mgIron: 1mg