Easy Gluten Free Barbecue Turkey Meatballs
How to make gluten free BBQ turkey meatballs in a pressure cooker.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 6 slices raw turkey bacon
- 1/2 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup apricot jam
- 1 bottle honey barbecue sauce
Slice up the turkey bacon into small pieces.
In a large bowl, add turkey bacon, ground turkey, bread crumbs, garlic and other spices. Mix well.
Spray cooking oil in the internal pot in the pressure cooker. Add jam and barbecue sauce.
Use your hands to roll small meatballs with the turkey meat mixture.
Add the meatballs to the pressure cooker.
Follow the instructions for operating your pressure cooker. I used on by Corsori, so I chose meat as my cooking option.
Cook for 20 minutes.
Allow pressure to ease before opening your pressure cooker. If in doubt, refer to the instruction guide that came with your pressure cooker.
Enjoy the meatballs!
1. You can easily substitute ground beef, chicken, or pork if you prefer.
2. Gluten free barbecue sauce brands include Stubbs, Annie's, Sky Valley, Bone Sucking Sauce, Lillie's Q, Organicville, and Kraft. (There are others so always check the labels!)
Serving: 1gCalories: 248kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 16gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 361mgSugar: 14g