Gluten Free Matcha Coconut Bars
Easy gluten free matcha green tea coconut cookie bars
- 1 ¼ cup gluten free flour blend * see note
- ¾ cup almond flour * see note
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons matcha green tea powder * see note
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped toasted pecans
Preheat the oven to 350º F.
Spray coconut oil in a baking dish.
In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
In a small bowl, add all wet ingredients and mix.
Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
Add coconut, chips, and nuts.
Pour batter into baking dish and bake for 25 minutes until done.
Allow to cool before cutting.
- I have tested this recipe with King Arthur Measure for Measure GF and Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF blend. That doesn't mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain Xanthan Gum or Guar Gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- To make this recipe dairy-free, substitute the butter for vegan butter.
- I recommend using culinary grade matcha powder.
- I highly suggest using almond flour and not almond meal. Almond meal is more coarse and will make your cookie bars grainy.
- To make this recipe nut-free, omit the almond flour and substitute an additional ⅓ cup gluten free flour blend.
- To test for doneness, insert a toothpick into the center of the bars. If the toothpick comes out clean, it is done baking. If you see batter or crumbs, the bars need to bake longer.
- These matcha bars will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Serving: 1gCalories: 305kcalCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 6gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 124mgPotassium: 87mgFiber: 2gSugar: 24gVitamin A: 466IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 60mgIron: 2mg