Warm Cardamom and Coconut Rice Pudding
A delicious creamy cardamom coconut rice pudding.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white rice I used CA rose white rice
- 3 cups coconut milk I recommend full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar or coconut sugar
Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees.
In a large bowl, add eggs, cardamom and coconut sugar. Whisk to blend.
In a pot, add cooked rice, vanilla, coconut, and coconut milk. Bring to a boil
To temper the eggs gradually, spoon a little hot rice mixture into the bowl of egg/coconut sugar mixture. Mix quickly, then add another big spoonful of hot rice mixture, mix quickly. Pour the egg mixture into the pot and mix well. (Watch the video if you want to see how to do this.)
Spray a baking dish with coconut oil. Pour the pudding into the dish.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Bake an additional 20 minutes until done.
Serve warm or cold.
- I recommend using a short grain white rice like CA Rose for this recipe. Brown rice will change the texture of the pudding and requires a lot more liquid.
- I recommend using full fat coconut milk. If you can't eat coconut, use whole milk or another non-dairy milk.
- You can use coconut sugar, which is lower glycemic, or regular sugar if you prefer your rice pudding to be white in color.
- Baking is optional. You can also cook the pudding stovetop
Serving: 1gCalories: 331kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 4gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 29mgPotassium: 241mgFiber: 1gSugar: 19gVitamin A: 59IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 26mgIron: 3mg