Gluten Free Lemon Donuts
One bite and you will be hooked on these delicious gluten free lemon donuts! They are full of fresh lemon flavor.
- 1 ¼ cup gluten free flour blend * see note
- ¾ cup almond meal * see note
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup applesauce
- ⅔ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients and whisk together to blend.
In a medium bowl, add all wet ingredients and whisk.
Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
Preheat the Babycakes Mini Donut Maker.
Put a little dough into each section of the donut maker.
Cook for 5 minutes until done.
Remove and put onto cooling rack.
Ice, frost, or eat plain.
- I have tested this recipe with King Arthur Measure for Measure GF and Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF blend. That doesn't mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain xanthan gum or guar gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- I highly suggest using almond flour and not almond meal. Almond meal is more coarse and will make your donuts grainy.
- I used almond milk but other dairy-free kinds of milk will work but I do not recommend canned coconut milk.
- These will donuts keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Serving: 1gCalories: 167kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 2gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 38mgPotassium: 36mgFiber: 1gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 28IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 28mgIron: 1mg