Southwestern Meatloaf Burger
An easy Mexican Meatloaf recipe that can be used to make Southwestern Meatloaf Burgers.
- 2 pounds ground beef * see note
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup pasilla peppers chopped
- 1 cup tortilla chips crushed
- ½ cup salsa
- ⅓ cup leek or onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- ¼ cup pasilla pepper slices
Preheat the oven to 350º F.
In a large bowl, add all ingredients (the first 9 ingredients).
Mix well. Add to a 9x13 baking pan.
Top with more shredded cheese and bake for 35 minutes or until done. Depending on the size of your dish it may cook slower or faster.
Assemble as a burger with fresh cilantro and pasilla pepper slices. You can add more salsa on top if you like.
- Feel free to use ground beef, lamb, pork, chicken, or turkey in this meatloaf burgers recipe.
- I like to use gluten free ciabatta buns by Schar. Any gluten free hamburger bun will also work well.
- Pasilla peppers, aka padrone peppers, are very mild. You can also use green bell peppers.
- These burgers will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Serving: 1gCalories: 322kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 19gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 87mgSodium: 359mgPotassium: 330mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 211IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 85mgIron: 2mg