Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
How to make moist and delicious gluten free peanut butter cookie bars.
- 1 ¼ cup gluten free flour blend * see note
- ½ cup almond flour * see note
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup butter melted
- ½ cup peanut butter * see note
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350º F.
In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
In a medium sized bowl, add all wet ingredients. (You may need to soften the peanut butter in the microwave for 10 seconds to soften if it is hard.) Mix well.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Add M&Ms or chocolate chips and mix well.
Use coconut oil to grease an 8x8 baking pan.
Spread the cookie dough in the pan.
Bake 22-24 minutes until done.
Allow to cool and slice into bars.
- I have tested this recipe with King Arthur Measure for Measure GF and Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF blend. That doesn't mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain xanthan gum or guar gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- To make this recipe dairy-free, substitute the butter for vegan butter.
- I highly suggest using almond flour and not almond meal. Almond meal is more coarse and will make your cookie bars grainy.
- To test for doneness, insert a toothpick into the center of the bars. If the toothpick comes out clean, it is done baking. If you see batter or crumbs, the cookie bars need to bake longer.
Serving: 1gCalories: 347kcalCarbohydrates: 36gProtein: 6gFat: 22gSaturated Fat: 10gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 191mgPotassium: 137mgFiber: 3gSugar: 24gVitamin A: 391IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 67mgIron: 1mg