Homemade Chorizo Queso
A delicious melted cheese dip that is full of tomatoes, chorizo, and scallions
- 10 ounces manchego cheese * see note
- 3 tablespoons roasted green chiles
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 9 ounces beef chorizo
- ¼ cup chopped tomato
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
Take a medium-sized saucepan and add cubed cheese, butter, cream, chiles, and salt. Cook on low heat until the cheese is melted.
In a frying pan, add raw chorizo and half the scallions. Cook over medium heat until the chorizo is done.
Pour the cheese into a bowl. Add the chorizo mixture in the middle of the melted cheese. Top with chopped tomatoes and the remaining scallions.
- You can stuff this white queso cheese dip with all sorts of delicious things. You can add grilled vegetables, chili, and even bacon.
- If you can't find manchego cheese, try cheddar, oaxaca, queso blanco, Monterey Jack, and Velveeta.
- This queso will keep up to 3 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
- To prevent your queso from thickening, keep it warm. The cheese will begin to harden as it cools.
- If you need to thin your queso dip, add a little bit of liquid and stir. Repeat until you have your desired consistency.
Serving: 1gCalories: 215kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 9gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 419mgPotassium: 30mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 468IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 390mgIron: 1mg