Gluten Free Maple Ginger Butternut Squash Tart
Easy to follow gluten free maple ginger butternut squash tart recipe.
- For Crust:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Flour Blend (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter cold
- For Filling:
- 1 14 ounce can organic butternut squash puree I like this vs roasting butternut because the texture is so smooth
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup grade B maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- optional: candied ginger pieces
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a tart pan with coconut oil.
In a large bowl, add crust ingredients. Use a pastry cutter to blend.
Mix well with your hands.
Put dough into tart pan and press down along the edges to form the crust along the bottom and the walls of the tart pan.
In a medium bowl, add all wet ingredients and mix well.
Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
Remove from the oven and pour the filling in to the tart pan.
Bake for 20 minutes or until firm in the middle.
Remove and allow to cool.
Serving: 1gCalories: 433kcalCarbohydrates: 38gProtein: 9gFat: 28gSaturated Fat: 13gPolyunsaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 123mgSodium: 224mgFiber: 3gSugar: 10g