Gluten Free Chestnut Cookies
Easy roasted chestnut gluten free cookies
- ¾ cup ground roasted chestnuts
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour *see note
- ½ cup sugar feel free to use less if you plan to dip these in chocolate
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 350º F.
In a grinder or food processor, grind chestnuts to medium texture blend.
Add all dry ingredients into a large bowl and whisk to blend.
In a small bowl, add butter, vanilla and egg.
Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well.
Drop by scoop onto a greased cookie sheet.
Bake for 8-10 minutes until done.
Remove and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
Optional, dip the bottom into chocolate. I used this Wilton chocolate.
- If your flour blend has xanthan gum included great. If the blend you are using doesn't have it, add 1 teaspoon.
- Use a cuisinart, food processor, or Vitamix to grind up your roasted chestnuts into a fine grind.
- These cookies will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Serving: 1gCalories: 118kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 1gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 55mgPotassium: 36mgFiber: 1gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 192IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 10mgIron: 1mg