Gluten Free Chestnut Cookies
Easy roasted chestnut gluten free cookies
Prep Time 10 minutes mins
Cook Time 10 minutes mins
Total Time 20 minutes mins
Course Gluten Free Dessert Recipes
Servings 16 cookies
Calories 118 kcal
- ¾ cup ground roasted chestnuts
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour *see note
- ½ cup sugar feel free to use less if you plan to dip these in chocolate
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 350º F.
In a grinder or food processor, grind chestnuts to medium texture blend.
Add all dry ingredients into a large bowl and whisk to blend.
In a small bowl, add butter, vanilla and egg.
Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well.
Drop by scoop onto a greased cookie sheet.
Bake for 8-10 minutes until done.
Remove and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
Optional, dip the bottom into chocolate. I used this Wilton chocolate.
- If your flour blend has xanthan gum included great. If the blend you are using doesn't have it, add 1 teaspoon.
- Use a cuisinart, food processor, or Vitamix to grind up your roasted chestnuts into a fine grind.
- These cookies will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Serving: 1gCalories: 118kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 1gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 55mgPotassium: 36mgFiber: 1gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 192IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 10mgIron: 1mg
Keyword chestnut cookies, gluten free chestnut cookies, roasted chestnut recipe