Fudgy Gluten Free Brownies
The best fudgy dairy free and gluten free brownies
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder * see note
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend * see note
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup light oil * see note
- ½ cup almond milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350º F.
In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients and the chocolate chips and mix well.
In a small bowl, add all wet ingredients and mix well.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix.
Line a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper. (If you don't have parchment paper, spray the pan with non-stick spray.)
Pour batter into baking dish.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until done.
Allow the brownies to cool before cutting them.
You will know the brownies are done baking when the top is firm to the touch. They are so fudgy, the typical toothpick test won't work so the touch test is the best way to know.
- I have tested this recipe with King Arthur Measure for Measure GF and Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF blend. That doesn't mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain xanthan gum or guar gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- I used almond milk but other dairy-free kinds of milk will work but I do not recommend canned coconut milk.
- You can make this brownie recipe in tart pans, or bake in an 9x13 pan.
- These brownies will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Serving: 1gCalories: 155kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 2gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 46mgPotassium: 59mgFiber: 1gSugar: 17gVitamin A: 46IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 34mgIron: 1mg