Gluten Free Cheesy Sausage Stuffed Mushroom
Easy mouthwatering gluten free stuffed mushroom caps. They make a delicious appetizer.
- 24 fresh mushrooms * see note
- ¾ pound raw sausage patties * see note
- 1 leek sliced thinly
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeno
- 1 package cream cheese * see note
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar
- ¼ cup gluten free bread crumbs * see note
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Optional 1 tablespoon cilantro
Wash mushrooms and remove stems. Place the caps in a baking dish. In a pan, add leeks, garlic, chopped mushroom stems, and olive oil. Saute for 5 minutes on medium heat. Remove from the pan.
Add raw sausage to the pan and cook on medium heat until browned. Use a spoon to chop the sausage so it shreds into small pieces. Cook until browned. Preheat oven to 375º F.
Pour in the leek mixture, jalapenos, and cream cheese into the pan. Cook on low heat until the cream cheese is melted. Add shredded cheddar and allow to melt. (*Add cilantro if you like).
Fill each mushroom cap with the mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes until mushrooms are cooked. Bake time will depend on how large your mushroom caps are.
- Please lightly wash your mushrooms before using them.
- Chop up your stems into very small pieces.
- You can use white button mushrooms or cremini sized.
- Full fat or low-fat cream cheese is fine to use in this recipe. Both will be creamy.
- Make sure to read the ingredients in the raw sausage patties you purchase. Most should be gluten free but you should always double-check.
- You can use gluten free bread crumbs or panko. My easy homemade gluten free bread crumbs recipe is really easy to make.
Serving: 1gCalories: 63kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 3gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 99mgPotassium: 105mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 86IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 13mgIron: 1mg