Pepper Jack Sausage Stuffed Mini Peppers
Easy sausage stuffed mini peppers.
- 1 cup package mini peppers
- 12 ounces Italian mild sausage
- ½ cup Pepper Jack cheese shredded
- ¼ cup scallions
Preheat oven to 375º F.
Spray olive oil onto a baking sheet.
Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
Place on the baking sheet.
In a pan on medium heat, brown sausage.
Remove and cut into chunks.
Place a piece of sausage in each pepper.
Top with shredded pepper jack cheese.
Bake for 15 minutes until cheese is melted.
Serve hot topped with scallions.
- I used Aidell's Sweet Italian Sausage for this recipe, this brand makes a lot of fun flavors of sausage. Jimmy Dean or other gluten free sausages also work, just double-check the ingredients!
- You can bake these in a cast-iron skillet or 9x13 baking dish.
- To make this dairy-free, use a dairy-free cheese like Kite Hill, Daiya, or VioLife.
- These stuffed peppers will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Serving: 1gCalories: 102kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 5gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 200mgPotassium: 88mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 88IUVitamin C: 9mgCalcium: 37mgIron: 1mg