Gluten Free Champagne Cupcakes
A deliciously easy recipe to make champagne mini cupcakes. These cupcakes can be made with champagne, or non-alcoholic sparkling cider.
- 1 ¾ cups gluten free flour blend * see note
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup butter * see note
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup plain yogurt * see note
- ½ cup champagne * see note
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup softened butter
- 2 tablespoons champagne (you may need more, or use water)
Preheat the oven to 350º F. Line a mini cupcake tin with little paper cupcake liners.
In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
In a small bowl, add wet ingredients and whisk to blend.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix gently. (You want to mix until the batter is just mixed.)
Use a small cookie scoop to drop batter into each muffin paper.
Bake for 20 minutes until done.
Remove from the oven and move muffins to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Mix up frosting and top cupcakes.
- I have tested this recipe with King Arthur Measure for Measure GF and Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF blend. That doesn't mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- If your gluten free flour blend doesn't contain Xanthan Gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- To make this recipe dairy-free, substitute the butter for vegan butter and use a dairy-free yogurt.
- One nice thing about making these champagne cupcakes is that you can use any cheap champagne. There is no need for fancy champagne unless you have some extra champagne leftover!
- You definitely can make this champagne cupcake recipe with no alcohol or use sparkling apple cider.
- To test for doneness, insert a toothpick into the center of the cupcake. If the toothpick comes out clean, it is done baking. If you see batter or crumbs, the cupcakes need to bake longer.
- These cupcakes will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Serving: 1gCalories: 197kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 2gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 128mgPotassium: 36mgFiber: 1gSugar: 19gVitamin A: 320IUCalcium: 25mgIron: 1mg