The Best Gluten Free Pasta Sauce Recipe
A kid-friendly, high protein gluten free pasta sauce. This homemade pasta sauce with meat recipe is a popular dinner recipe in our house.
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- 3-4 medium spice chicken sausage chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- 1 can plain unsalted diced tomatoes
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon crushed red peppers
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 3 slices bacon cooked and patted with paper towel to remove extra grease. Chop
- ⅓ cup red bell pepper chopped
In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef with the diced onion and orange pepper.
Drain the fat into the trash or a jar so it doesn't clog kitchen pipes. (Or, if you have a dog, I am sure they would love it if you put this in their food:-).
When ground beef is browned, add sausage, cooked bacon, and minced garlic.
Cook 5 minutes.
Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and paste.
Turn heat down to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Don't forget to check out my tips to cook the perfect gluten free al dente pasta!
- This pasta sauce will keep up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- I like to freeze some of the sauce so I always have it on-hand. Freeze in an ice cube tray and then store in freezer zip bags. They will keep in the freezer for 4 months.
Serving: 1gCalories: 319kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 26gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 91mgSodium: 1535mgPotassium: 568mgFiber: 3gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 1685IUVitamin C: 67mgCalcium: 55mgIron: 3mg