Quick and Easy Honey Garlic Shrimp
A delicious easy honey garlic shrimp recipe that is naturally gluten free. Perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.
For the honey garlic shrimp marinade
- 1 pound shrimp⠀⠀⠀⠀ * see note
- ⅓ cup honey⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- ¼ cup coconut aminos * see note
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 tbsp olive oil⠀
For the honey garlic shrimp bowls
- 1 avocado chopped
- ½ cup red onion
- ½ mango chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
Whisk the marinade together, pour over shrimp so that they are immersed in the liquid, put in the fridge for 30 minutes. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Drain and reserve the marinade from the shrimp.
Remove shrimp from the marinade and cook for a few minutes each side in a greased skillet.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Cook the marinade only for 5-7 minutes in a skillet, then add the cooked shrimp and stir well to coat them.
Make honey garlic shrimp bowls:
Prepare and cook the shrimp as detailed above.
make the simple salsa with the red onion, mango, and cherry tomatoes
serve shrimp with the salsa and any other vegetables you like to make a bowl.
- I love to use coconut aminos in this recipe, but you can substitute low-sodium gluten free soy sauce or tamari in this recipe.
- Try to use peeled and deveined raw shrimp to help save prep time.
- These honey garlic shrimp will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Serving: 1gCalories: 239kcalCarbohydrates: 26gProtein: 17gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 191mgSodium: 820mgPotassium: 335mgFiber: 3gSugar: 19gVitamin A: 357IUVitamin C: 20mgCalcium: 124mgIron: 2mg