Light and Fluffy Gluten Free Blueberry Protein Muffins
Light and fluffy gluten free protein muffins with blueberries and banana. Kids will never know these are healthy protein muffins.
- 1 ½ cups gluten free flour blend * see note
- 1 cup almond flour * see note
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup collagen protein unflavored!
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup blueberries
- ⅓ cup pecans
Preheat the oven to 350º F.
In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
In a smaller bowl, add the bananas and use a fork to mash them .
Add the coconut oil, eggs, vanilla, almond milk to the bananas and whisk.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, add the blueberries and pecans. Mix until the batter is just barely blended. (Over mixing the batter leads to more dense muffins.)
Take a muffin pan and add paper muffin liners. Fill each ¾ full with the muffin batter.
Bake for 18-20 minutes until done.
- To keep these muffins light and fluffy, do not overmix the batter.
- I have tested this recipe with King Arthur Measure for Measure GF and Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF blend. That doesn't mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- Xanthan gum - If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain xanthan gum or guar gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- I highly suggest using almond flour and not almond meal. An Almond meal is more coarse and will make your muffins grainy.
- To test for doneness, insert a toothpick into the center of the muffins. If the toothpick comes out clean, it is done baking. If you see batter or crumbs, the muffins need to bake longer.
Serving: 1gCalories: 173kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 4gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 62mgPotassium: 125mgFiber: 3gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 44IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 68mgIron: 1mg