Easy Lunch Time Chicken Chopped Salad
A delicious chicken chopped salad with roasted beets, feta, tomato, and pomegranate
- 1 pound Chicken Breasts
- 2 beets roasted
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- ⅓ cup chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
Preheat the grill on medium heat.
Remove the chicken from the packaging and put on a plate.
Sprinkle olive oil over the chicken, then season with salt and pepper.
Cook on the grill for 20 minutes until cooked thoroughly.
Remove the chicken from the grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes on a plate.
Place the chicken on a cutting board and slice thinly.
Add lettuce and all of the salad ingredients to a large salad bowl and mix.
Top with the homemade vinaigrette dressing.
To Make the Pomegranate Vinaigrette Dressing:
- Feel free to substitute any vegetables you have on-hand in this salad recipe.
- You can use chicken breast or another part of the chicken including leftover rotisserie.
- I do not recommend making this salad ahead unless you keep the prepped ingredients separate. Wet ingredients like the beets and tomatoes will turn the lettuce brown if it sits too long.
Add all of the salad dressing ingredients to a bowl and whisk to blend. Pour over the salad and toss to mix. Top with sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sprouts, or anything you like!
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- dash salt/pepper to taste
Serving: 1gCalories: 230kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 28gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 299mgPotassium: 698mgFiber: 3gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 1330IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 75mgIron: 2mg