Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan
An easy gluten free chicken parmesan recipe with a crunchy chicken coating. Kid will love this delicious dinner.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts * see note
- 1 cup pasta sauce * see note
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese * see note
- 1 egg large
- 1 ½ cups FitJoy Grain-Free Pretzels
- ¼ cup grated parmesan * see note
- ¼ teaspoon dried garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon salt more if you prefer foods a little saltier
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
Add the FitJoy Pretzels to a food processor and pulse until they are crumbs. Pour them into a bowl.
Add the crumbs, parmesan, and seasoning into a bowl and mix.
Break the egg into a bowl and whisk.
Take the chicken and dip each piece of chicken into egg, flip to coat both sides.
Put the chicken into the crumbs. Press the chicken in so the crumb mixture sticks to each part of the chicken.
Place chicken in a baking dish and bake at 350º F. Bake chicken for 20 minutes.
Remove the chicken and top each cutlet with marinara and mozzarella. Bake an additional 8-10 minutes until the cheese melts.
- I used skinless chicken breasts but you can also use thighs.
- To keep this recipe dairy-free, use dairy-free mozzarella and parmesan.
- Top with either jarred or homemade pasta sauce. This easy gluten free marinara sauce is really easy to make with pantry ingredients.
- If you can't find grain-free pretzels, you can use gluten-free pretzels.
- This chicken parmesan will keep up to 3 days in the refrigerator. You can freeze it and it will keep up to 4 months in the freezer.
Serving: 1gCalories: 451kcalCarbohydrates: 29gProtein: 38gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 141mgSodium: 1350mgPotassium: 529mgFiber: 2gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 714IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 248mgIron: 4mg